
I never know what Ryen is going to insist on bringing to school for show and tell. She's brought it all- from a broken recorder she doesn't know how to play to her favorite pajamas. I try to let her decide for herself, but there have been a few times I've felt obligated to redirect her. Princess Aurora underwear and an empty yogurt cup are a couple examples that come to mind. This week Madelyn and I went with her on a school field trip to the children's museum where we saw a puppet show. It inspired Ryen to bring in a couple of our own puppets- "The Monster Brothers." She practiced her show all morning. Maddie and I may have to sneak to school early today so we can watch our girl in action.
All I can say is how cute. I love the things this child of yours comes up with. You must never ever have a dull moment!
ReplyDeleteso cute!
ReplyDeleteI think your intervention was definitely called for, but I can't help but wish to be a fly on the wall for a her would-be show and tell presentation on an empty yogurt cup and a pair of panties! :)
ReplyDelete