911: What's your emergency?
Me: I'm an idiot.
So I almost burnt our house to the ground last night in my attempt to make taco egg rolls. As you peruse the blogs of other moms, note how many fancy recipes they display. I can cook about 6 different meals- and most of them have the word casserole in the title and require less than 4 ingredients. The moral of this story? We can't all be Supermoms.
Wow! That looks suspiciously like my stove did last week. At least you had the presence of mind to get some baking soda, right?
ReplyDeleteLove the picture.
That is impressive Meg! Mom told me the story. Crazy! I would flip! BUT, that doesn't make you a non-super mom! I could tell you some pretty idiotic stories but I think I'm a pretty good mom still :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! Well I am glad that you didn't burn your house down. It would have been great to hear all of the details of the experience. Is that baking soda all over? I don't know if I would have level headed enough to think of that.
ReplyDeleteYOu are a great Mom.....I don't cook anything special and I am not as crafty or amazing as you, but I will still be a supermom to some little ones I hope....You are the SUperest of Mommies!!!!! Just don't make those egg rolls again...hehe...cooking with oil scares me. Lol Love you sista!
ReplyDeleteCooking with oil scares me too!! I didn't know you were wanting to cook more... I'll see if I can scrounge up some simple and tasty meals and send them your way. They are always better than the complicated ones anyway.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like NO fun to clean up. I hope you called the merry maids for that one. :) Oh and just so you know if this ends up being maddie's first real memory it won't have a negative impact. One of my earliest is when the waffle maker caught on fire. hahahaha it was pretty scary then but I'm no less prone to waffle-making now.
I'm not a supermom when it comes to cooking (hubby says I stink at it, but I sure can bake up a storm...-sigh-)....but you are supermom in many other ways right? Heck, look at your 3 little examples!
ReplyDeleteAnnnnd from what I can see from your photos on your blog, you are a clean & organizing queen and I envy that!
Well, you have finally solved a mystery for me. My Korean mother-in-law was frying battered fish outside last time we were there. And not just outside, but in an electric skillet inside their charcoal grill. I guess if there was a fire she could have just put the lid down on pan and grill. I thought it was so the house wouldn't stink.
ReplyDeleteHoly crap Megan I totally did that to our kitchen when we lived in Utah! I was cooking indian fry bread and the oil got way too hot. The next thing I knew flames were up to the ceiling! Dave grabbed a bowl full of water from the sink...not realizing it was an oil fire! He dumped it over the oven and then the whole kitchen was on fire. It was horrible! Dave called 911 and I luckily found a fire extinguisher and put it out before the fire department got there. It was such a mess though! Poor Dave had some hair missing after that:( You are not the only one!
ReplyDelete