
Is there anything in the world more perfect than a little blue mason jar full of fireflies? Actually, yes. I think there is. A little blue mason jar full of fireflies at least a few nights every week all summer long. :) We have had so much lovely company this summer. We've roasted s'mores, swam in Lake Michigan, floated down rivers, eaten raspberries fresh from our yard, and played cards until late into the night. I forgot how much I love summers because, for me, summers live in Michigan. (The catch is that so do winters!)
This year has been my favorite year of my life so far. I knew it would be. I planned on it. I decided to find HAPPINESS this year and I have found it in both the big and the small. It's everywhere...if you're looking. I love the flowery weeds in the fields around our home and the ladders propped on cherry trees all down our dirt road. I love getting healthy and getting to know myself better with each pound I let go of. Most of all, I love my family. I love my husband who gives me courage and unconditional love and makes me smile at least a thousand times every day. And I love my daughters. Oh, how I love them! They are like my own little fireflies, flitting around my heart and making my whole world feel warm and magical. If only childhood could be bottled in a little blue mason jar.
We have been so busy lately living LIFE. You know I have the pictures to prove it, but be patient with me, okay? I'm learning to juggle.
This year has been my favorite year of my life so far. I knew it would be. I planned on it. I decided to find HAPPINESS this year and I have found it in both the big and the small. It's everywhere...if you're looking. I love the flowery weeds in the fields around our home and the ladders propped on cherry trees all down our dirt road. I love getting healthy and getting to know myself better with each pound I let go of. Most of all, I love my family. I love my husband who gives me courage and unconditional love and makes me smile at least a thousand times every day. And I love my daughters. Oh, how I love them! They are like my own little fireflies, flitting around my heart and making my whole world feel warm and magical. If only childhood could be bottled in a little blue mason jar.
We have been so busy lately living LIFE. You know I have the pictures to prove it, but be patient with me, okay? I'm learning to juggle.
And I love you, sister. Oh how I miss you.
ReplyDeleteK- I'm actually tearing up now. I wish we could have come to share your perfect summer this year. Promise next year will be just as nice? I'll be there with bells on.
I am glad things are so great Meg!!!! And I am glad we got to spend such a fun couple of weekends with you guys and we look forward to many more before this fabulous summer is over. And then we have next summer to look forward to when hopefully each and every member of the tracyclan will be here! We love you and am so happy you are so happy in MI. I hope you guys never leave!
ReplyDeleteYep, life can't be any better and what a message that you realize that. Thanks for sharing. I wish you could have captured the sight of the fireflies in the field beyond the fence. It was pure magic. It was something I cannot even begin to describe. So, so beautiful. Thanks for letting me be a part of your life and enjoying some of the loveliness with you!
ReplyDeleteim on my way... that sounds amazing. bye bye 116 degrees hello little blue mason jars filled with fireflies and fresh picked raspberries :)
ReplyDeleteThat was a really sweet post meg. I too wish we could bottle childhood, especially our own children's because it goes by so fast! glad things are going well in michigan!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking someone is going to ask you to write articles in their magazine. Such beautiful ways of saying things!
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of you for all of your accomplishments! And I'm sure there are SO many more that I just don't know about. ♥
Megan, Just realized some of my friends are using SHABBYBLOGS. What a small world it is!
ReplyDeleteSusan Hastings