Pages
Sunday, August 18, 2013
We haven't been hiding.
Although, I'm sure it probably looks that way! This poor blog. On the bright side, it is neglected because we are so busy chasing sunshine and butterflies and stars in the sky and waves on the beach. Still, I always scold myself for not keeping a more detailed record of our little family's adventures. Sigh.
After Ryen's birthday, I took up gardening. I decided to throw caution and past experience to the wind. With no clue what I was doing, Ally and I dug things and pushed things into the dirt and swept things over the top and watered things and tried things and got all sorts of things dirty. It was delicious fun. And imagine my surprise when those things we grew DIDN'T DIE!!! In fact, they grew and looked lovely and made us all quite happy.
I got this idea to use our old red wagon as a focal point in one of our gardens. I drilled holes in it for the water to drain out and then Ally and I planted flowers in it. We added rocks for pathways and built a fairy house out of things we found in the forest. That was Phase I. Later on, we recruited Ry and Maddie to help us paint little houses to make our fairy village a little more permanent. It has become a fun work in progress. Our little fairy garden makes me smile each time I walk past it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment