
Ryen is getting so old. She seems so old lately. It's hard for me. I always go through this and probably always will. I'm so glad my children are growing and learning and developing, but I horribly miss each phase they breeze past. Such is the life of a mother. :) (That is another thing that is special about having Ryen's birthmother in our lives. I have someone to commiserate with over our growing girlie!)
So this week is spirit week at Ryen's school. They didn't have school on Monday (even though I got up and got Ryen fed, dressed, and ready for the bus) but yesterday was costume day. Ryen chose to wear her butterfly costume- of course. :) I had to laugh when I saw her step off the bus with her wings on over her coat and her antennas on over her hood. It surprised me since she has been so into how things look lately. She has this thing all of a sudden about being embarrassed. The girls got Pinkalicious crowns with their lunch on Monday and Ryen wouldn't wear hers in a store because she was too embarrassed. (So I wore it just to prove a point!) This morning, she was worried about going to school mismatched even though it was the theme. I tried to make her outfit not really match, but not be too crazy and she was content with the final ensemble. Stinker. :) She didn't want me to take a picture of her, but I finally managed to talk her into it. Right before I took this picture, Ry told me she has moxie. Indeed, she does. I love my goofy girl!
So this week is spirit week at Ryen's school. They didn't have school on Monday (even though I got up and got Ryen fed, dressed, and ready for the bus) but yesterday was costume day. Ryen chose to wear her butterfly costume- of course. :) I had to laugh when I saw her step off the bus with her wings on over her coat and her antennas on over her hood. It surprised me since she has been so into how things look lately. She has this thing all of a sudden about being embarrassed. The girls got Pinkalicious crowns with their lunch on Monday and Ryen wouldn't wear hers in a store because she was too embarrassed. (So I wore it just to prove a point!) This morning, she was worried about going to school mismatched even though it was the theme. I tried to make her outfit not really match, but not be too crazy and she was content with the final ensemble. Stinker. :) She didn't want me to take a picture of her, but I finally managed to talk her into it. Right before I took this picture, Ry told me she has moxie. Indeed, she does. I love my goofy girl!
Awww I remember when Suz told us about Roz starting to be embarrassed about this stuff too... I have been curious to know if Ryen would eventually get there or if she would continue to only hear the beat of her own drummer. I should send her a photo of the outfits Benson chooses... Yesterday was an orange and brown shirt, yellow plaid pants, and red converse. Nice.
ReplyDeleteI totally commiserate with you on the passing of stages in children's lives... I still try and swaddle banks and hold him like a baby. haha He does not like it!