I don't like surprises. I really don't like surprise parties. I made Sonny promise me several times to never throw me a surprise party.
Now, I don't mean to be a brat or to sound ungrateful. I realize there are people in this world who would be happier than a puppy with a pork chop to have a surprise party thrown for them. In my heart, I believe that my sweet husband convinced himself he was doing this for me and that I wouldn't really hate it once it happened. He does that, you know. When we were first married, I emphatically told him that I was afraid of mice...but he didn't believe me until I made him stay up with me all night long while we were trapped on a mouse-infested houseboat. I also told him I hate scary amusement park rides...so he lied to me and forced me to go on something that scarred me for life...while I was pregnant! And, there have been several times when I have told him that driving that way really will make me throw up. I think we all know how that ended. Oh, Sonny. I love you, but why do you torture me this way? I insist on believing he means well. (I keep telling myself that so I don't kill him.) Thank you, husband, for trying. And thank you everyone who came. You are lovely people and I adore each of you. Just never do this again, okay? :)


Yeah, Sonny sucked me in, too. Ha! I thought it was a great idea. I'll do better next time, although I have to say the rest of us really enjoyed it. Ahhhh, maybe that's the truth here, we just had too much fun doing it... Well, we love you and you are amazing. I say retribution may be in the working for the Sonny-man! Ha! I volunteer to help.
ReplyDeleteHa! I wish I were there to celebrate with everyone! haha I don't like surprises either... let this be a lesson to us all. :) Happy early birthday, though I'm GOING to remember on your actual birthday. March is too full!
ReplyDeleteDiddo...March is way to full...hehe And for the surprise Meg...it was fabulous..lol. I am sorry you don't like surprises. It makes me want to be a part of another all the more...hehe..no I am just kidding. It was kinda fun though. Glad we were there to celebrate with you though. See you Saturday for another fun celebration!
ReplyDeleteI kept telling Amber and Mom while we were out, "Oh man, Meg is going to be so mad." I'm sorry Meg, but I admit that I had fun. And I'm totally jealous of your new friends.
ReplyDeleteYou are so funny! I think husbands secretly like to torture us. Those huge pompoms are amazing by the way. I am way scared of mice too but Jake has little sympathy for me... he made me stand ready with a bowl while he lifted up the couch where the mouse was hiding. And of course I just cried while the mouse ran by me and I pointed in the direction it went. Husbands....what can we do?
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to you!!!
Sonny is so cool. High 5's to him :)
ReplyDelete