Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spring Break

*Pardon the poor photos, but my computer crashed and I haven't recovered all of our "real" pictures yet. These are just what I had on my phone.

We decided to have a staycation for Spring break this year. To make things more fun, we let each member of our family choose a day of the week that was all their own. They got to pick where we went to eat, what activities we did, and got to be treated like royalty for the day. I have to say, it was one of my better ideas. I can't believe how much our kids loved that!

Monday was Ally's day and it was the cutest thing ever watching how delighted she was over getting to dictate what her older sisters did all day. At Ally's command, the girls and I played house and dress-up and then we all went to Burger King for lunch. From there, we made a pit stop for treats and then headed to the movie theater to watch "Hop." After that, we met Sonny for pizza. Ally was in heaven!!!
Tuesday was Madelyn's day and she chose to go to a hotel so we could swim and play. We went with Sonny to Traverse City and Madelyn chose all of the movies and music during the drive. She picked Red Lobster for dinner where she and Ryen were ecstatic over getting to pet and crawl around on the floor with a real lobster! (Ally was pretty freaked.) We swam like fish until we were wrinkly and then fell asleep watching cartoons. Maddie hated it. :)
(I love how happy Madelyn is here- totally unaware that her dad is about to give her a "shark attack.")

Ryen was up bright and early Wednesday morning to shout from the rooftops that it was her day. In all honesty, I'm pretty sure her sisters feel like every day is Ryen Day, but they were especially good sports as Ry took over the remote and ordered us to go swimming. Her main request was ice cream, which, if you know Ryen, comes as no surprise. When we got home, we took the girls to the park and watched a movie together. They were pretty pooped.
(Ry meant to do the sign for love here, but put her thumb down at the last minute. Oops!)

Sonny and I took Thursday and Friday. We didn't do anything too exciting, to be totally honest. We mostly just worked on our girls' playhouse- which is pretty much done now...we just have to get some good weather so we can paint! Friday, we dropped our girlies with some friends from church and celebrated our anniversary. (I know I already posted about that so these are out of order, but oh well.) Our staycation was a smashing success and now we have a great recipe for future fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment