Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

My husband doesn't abuse me.

My kids, on the other hand, do.


I was laying next to Ally who was being perfectly still. I remember taking a deep breath and thinking how perfect that moment was- just lying there with her, cheek to cheek, soaking her in. It was so lovely. Then, she sat up. I think she wanted a toy she saw Maddie running around with. The next thing I knew, she arched her back and flung herself backwards with all her might, plowing me in the face with the back of her head. Um. Yeah. Ow. HUGE ow. And HUGE bump on the edge of my eyebrow. It hurt so bad. I think I had a concussion. (Do you feel really tired and nauseated when you have a concussion? Because if you do, that's what I had.) The swelling eventually went down, but it is still so sore and icky-looking. (Although, someone at church did tell me purple looks good on me. Thank you, sister.) This is my first black eye and hopefully my last. I could never be a boxer.

8 comments:

  1. Ouch! I'm sorry it happened to you. Hope it heals soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youch! Sorry. That's pretty bad. I have had things hit me in my face point blank between the eyes by my youngest who has quite the arm and aim. It has not left a mark like that though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh..you weren't kidding when you said Ally gave you a black eye. That is a nice shiner, Meg! Sorry though. OUch. Did you get my message on your home phone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an impressive shiner you have there Meg! First the biting and now the black eye...you better watch that girl :) haha...seriously though, sorry that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive had babies do that to me before. never got a black eye from it so far. you must be the lucky one. ahhh happy healing. good thing that little Ally is so cuteski!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man! It is so much worse now! It is totally BLACK and goes all down under my eye now. I look like such a moron. Good grief!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I have started to get a few head butts from dalton, and it hurts! But why is it that it only hurts you and not them? Little boogers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ouch! that is rough! i think it is a baby thing to throw yourself back while having a fit, carson used to do that and would slam his head on the floor, at least that way only one of us was hurt

    ReplyDelete