For some reason, Sonny's employer keeps sending things to my sister's house. He has updated his address several times, yet they just keep on coming to the wrong house. I know this frustrates him, but it doesn't bother me in the least. Why? Because a trip to my sister's house means a trip to a few of my favorite thrift stores and antique shops. (I would include visiting my sister in the list of perks, but she is never home!) Most recently, I found two vintage jewelry cases for $1.99 and a lovely little dear bookend for $6.00. I also found a few (more) wonderful old books, a vintage tin/metal hamper, and a little wooden chair for Ally. Sonny didn't love our little trip as much as I did, but he loves me so he put on a happy face. Just another reason why I adore that man of mine. :)

I also recently went to our downtown...which I love. We have a couple really great antique shops and a fabulous shabby boutique. I made friends with one of the women who works there and tried to talk her into blogging. She makes the most gorgeous things and is ingenious when it comes to repurposing. Anyway, I found out from her about an interesting estate sale in the next town over and HAD to go. I'm not often able to do things without my girlies so when Sonny is home and watching them, I sneak out and go to what I call my favorite "breakable" stores. Estate sales don't really seem like good places for children so it's been something I haven't really been able to do before. I've wanted to go to an estate sale for yeeeeears though. So anyway, my new friend drew me a map and off I went to my very first estate sale. It was SO awesome! And also kind of weird. Because I walked into a deceased man's home and wandered around with a herd of strangers, rummaging through his belongs. Seemed sort of wrong...but also extremely fascinating and fun. I'd imagine it's a lot like going to a monster truck show or county fair. Anyway, I picked up a set of antique bed side-rails (which I have a nifty project in mind for) another old book, and this...

Old money. Not a very creative guess I'm sure. Sounds like a fun outing. I was sorry we weren't here when you came.
ReplyDeleteYou always find the neatest things. I need to join you one of these days. Maybe I will look up some good places in K-zoo and make you come with me!!! We miss you guys...need to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteAhhh....other people's old junk. What a special place those things have in my heart. You found such cute stuff!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking money, but it couldn't have money in it, because honest Megan would have given it back to the people selling it right? So my guess is that it has....
ReplyDeleteOld baseball cards??
Or perhaps vintage coupons???
are you trying to make me jealous? Im salivating.
ReplyDeletea treasure map? no wait ok my official guess... love letters!
ReplyDelete