

Today was another lovely, sunshiney day. So, while Ally took a little nap, Miss Madelyn and I went outside to meet The Maple Men...three older gentlemen who have our house surrounded right now- all in the name of maple syrup. We have a little shed immediately behind our house which I have always been curious about. After seeing a man tinker around in our backyard and then two more in our front yard with buckets in hand, I just had to meet them. Their laughter could be heard bounding across the fields for the past three days and this was my chance to 1.) meet these funny old men 2.) peek inside the old shed behind our house and 3.) find out how to make maple syrup. When Maddie and I approached them, they announced that they could go home because the second shift had arrived and threw their hands in the air. They were the most hilarious and endearing old men! They reminded me of the old guys in the movie "Return to Me" but take away the Italian and replace it with pure Michigander. :) After telling us they had no idea what they were doing, they kindly invited us to visit them in the shed when things really get cooking. I know I'm a nerd, but I am seriously excited! (Have I mentioned that I love living in the country?) My only remaining question is: How do they decide who gets the recliner?



Your life is like a book or a movie. Particularly one that I would dream up. Seriously Megan!!!! Maple Farmers in your backyard. Holy Cow that is amazing.
ReplyDeleteMeg, that so reminds me of maple syrup time at my grandfather's farm. Even the shed looks something like I remember. I remember as a little girl going out there and seeing huge rectangular metal boilers that the syrup would be steaming and boiling in. How fun for all of you.
ReplyDeleteyummm... send me some. sounds delicious.
ReplyDeleteI love it! I admit that I'm totally jealous you live in the country. I will also admit that I am totally amazed that that shed is usable because when I first saw it I thought it was about to fall down. What a fun little adventure for you two to have.
ReplyDeleteThanks for having the kids. The LOVED it! I was frustrated about not getting home in time to see you though. Soon, right?
You have the most romantic life. Sigh. Except for the fact that we're expected to reach the 60's this week, I'd totally trade places with you.
ReplyDelete