I've been really distracted lately. There's Lily, of course, and so many other things. I have so much work to do it is just insane... on my house, on my website, on my life. Still, I keep finding myself lost in fields of flowers, camera in hand, Ally and Maddie in tow...or going out to lunch when I should be doing laundry...or daydreaming at my desk when I should be designing...or taking a nap when I should be doing the dishes. My brain is a whirlwind of nothing and everything lately. I seriously need to focus. I also seriously need to edit the photos from our Disney vacation...but you know I haven't. So, instead, here are some photos of my recent finds.
I am addicted to vintage children's books and got seriously giddy when I saw this old edition of "A Child's Garden of Verses" by Robert Louis Stevenson. (You know. The man who wrote Treasure Island.) It has the most gorgeous illustrations printed on a sort of linen-like paper and is in beautiful condition. Not bad for $8, if you ask me. I was initially going to frame the pictures, but I don't have the heart to take the book apart. It is just too lovely.

I have been counting down the days for months now while Sonny has been dreading the inevitable...my trip to the
flea market at my favorite antique mall. They only have a few every year and it is heaven on earth. :) I went with Ally on Saturday morning and found this lovely vintage quilt for $8. Don't you adore the beach scenes with the sweet little children?
I also found this cookie jar which I refer to as The Son I Never Had for $10. Loooove this quirky little fella!
...Aaaand the Mother Of All Finds EVER
On The Face Of The Earth
Ever
Ever
Ever...
THIS
ANTIQUE
TODDLER
BED:

Is it not the most fabulous thing you have ever seen in your entire life?

Fit for a princess, right?
In all of my time at antique stores and flea markets, I have never seen anything like this bed. The second I saw it, my knees got weak and wobbly and I'm pretty sure there were trumpeting angels somewhere off in the distance, but I may have blacked out for a minute there so I can't say for sure. I LOVE THIS BED. In all honesty, I feel guilty for what I paid for it. It was originally $300, but marked down to $175...which, frankly, is a pretty good price. I got it for $85...and almost started to hyperventilate. I can't find anything like it or any information on it so I have no idea what the actual value is, but we will probably save it and pass it on to the girls anyway. I don't think I could part with it. Now I just have to decide whether or not I should paint it and what color. I don't want it to lose it's lovely antique-
ness, but then wouldn't it look gorgeous in a soft green with Ally's initials and some flowers painted in the dark part of the headboard? Sigh. Just one more distraction.
Distractions are good as long as they make you Happy! Right? You have such beautiful ones. So I will ask this question one more time. When can we be your distraction..COME VISIT US PLEASE!
ReplyDelete85 dollars is amazing for an antique bed. You lucked out big time. And I totally laughed at your cookie jar....at what you named it that is.
ReplyDeleteAhhhh man, what amazing finds! How fun to find things that will be handed down and what fun find stories. I love your taste and can't wait to see what you do with all of it. Wow!
ReplyDeleteI found myself hyperventilating for you! What fun treasures! I have that same Childs Garden of Verses and it was passed down to my children from my in-laws, LOVE IT! I can't wait to find out what you do with the bed!!!!
ReplyDeleteI loove all of your finds, I want to find books like these for Datlon. And just so you know...everyone gets disrtacted, like right now im blogging when i should be writing my school paper...oh no!
ReplyDeleteYou are my idol Megan! I love the finds! When I move to Michigan can I go antiquing with you?
ReplyDeleteI think Spring is a distraction. It's good though. At least until everything catches up to you that you are supposed to be doing. :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE That book! I was just sitting with my dad Saturday night talking about him reading it to us as kids and asking him where it is! I told him I want it. They areat least $25 new. but I love the old better, it was from my childhood. That is definately a cool find.
T Love the bed too! Gorgeous. I drove by a store in Lehi the other day that was all vintage old stuff. I need to go in it.