

Ugh. What a sad day for our little family. I was running some errands with Ally and Madelyn when Sonny called. I was just yammering about traffic and then I heard something in his voice and I instantly knew something was wrong. When I asked him, he broke down and told me Lily, our Boston Terrier had been hit by a car and was killed. Sonny had been outside with Ryen and Lily chased our neighbor's truck. She got in front of the back wheel and they ran her over without ever even knowing it. Poor Ryen saw the whole thing. Madelyn and I hurried home, but stopped on our way to buy some Lilies to plant over her grave. We buried her on the little hill just behind our house. It was a sweet and emotional little funeral. My heart just broke watching the girls (and Sonny) cry for their lost friend.
We love you, Lily Piggers. We are so glad you were a part of our family and we will never forget you.
We love you, Lily Piggers. We are so glad you were a part of our family and we will never forget you.
I'm so sorry. I'm sorry Ryan had to see it. That's horrible. It's so hard losing your pet. I think it makes it harder seeing your kids cry and be sad over it.
ReplyDeletePlease give the girls and Sonny a big hug from us. And here is a big one for you! I dread the day that we lose our two doggies. We are so sorry that this happened. We love you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry, that is terrible.
ReplyDeleteWe were so sad when Mom told us last night, Meg! We're so sorry! Give Sonny a hug for us. I know it's hardest on him.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness that is horrible...I'm so sorry that happened. I hope you guys are okay, especially Ryan for seeing that. How sweet that you guys could place her right by the house:) So sorry.
ReplyDeleteI cried too. She had so much personality and will be missed. Glad we can have an eternal perspective at times like this but still such a difficult experience to suffer through. You are all so brave.
ReplyDelete