The coolest thing I did in 2009 was starting Shabby Blogs. I have lots of ideas floating around in my head, but I felt passionate about this one and knew it could be great. It's not exactly solving world hunger, but it has been so good for me. I try not to pay attention to my site numbers because it stresses me out. Instead, I put Sonny in charge of that and just ask him to give me a thumbs up every now and then. (Translation: "Only give me good news, Honey!") It has been so cool to see my numbers rise each month. The last couple days, I have passed the 5,000 mark- meaning over 5,000 people visited my site that day. I know that isn't overly impressive compared to so many other sites, but it is really exciting for me. What a journey this has been! Later this month I will be flying to Salt Lake for a whirlwind Design Summit. I'm totally nervous, but I hope I will learn a lot and make some beneficial connections with other designers and blogging celebs. (And maybe even some real celebs too since it coincides with the Sundance Film Festival!) I'm so glad my brother Kaleb will be going too. He has been so supportive of me and patient with my slow learning and crazy ideas. (Thanks Kaleb! I love you!) Thanks so much to you, my family and friends, who have given me both the courage and the encouragement to embark on this adventure. I hope Shabby Blogs will be even bigger and better in 2010!
Pages
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Milestones
The coolest thing I did in 2009 was starting Shabby Blogs. I have lots of ideas floating around in my head, but I felt passionate about this one and knew it could be great. It's not exactly solving world hunger, but it has been so good for me. I try not to pay attention to my site numbers because it stresses me out. Instead, I put Sonny in charge of that and just ask him to give me a thumbs up every now and then. (Translation: "Only give me good news, Honey!") It has been so cool to see my numbers rise each month. The last couple days, I have passed the 5,000 mark- meaning over 5,000 people visited my site that day. I know that isn't overly impressive compared to so many other sites, but it is really exciting for me. What a journey this has been! Later this month I will be flying to Salt Lake for a whirlwind Design Summit. I'm totally nervous, but I hope I will learn a lot and make some beneficial connections with other designers and blogging celebs. (And maybe even some real celebs too since it coincides with the Sundance Film Festival!) I'm so glad my brother Kaleb will be going too. He has been so supportive of me and patient with my slow learning and crazy ideas. (Thanks Kaleb! I love you!) Thanks so much to you, my family and friends, who have given me both the courage and the encouragement to embark on this adventure. I hope Shabby Blogs will be even bigger and better in 2010!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is great Meg! It really is so truly fabulous! I toot your horn for you whenever I get the chance :)
ReplyDeleteReal quick though...do you mean you hit 5,000 total? Also, you have a ton of followers to your shabby blog blog which is rad! You forgot to mention that :)
Well, as you know I am a huge fan and am very grateful that you went forward with it last year.
ReplyDeleteIt is the ONLY free blog background site that isworth using!!! I am sure your numbers are going to keep growing!
Congrats! You are so creative it isn't really a surprise you're so successful:)
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you Meg!!! 5000 is only the beginning! I love you.
ReplyDeleteOh Meg. You SO rock! I can't believe I know you! Soon you'll be so super famous that we are all left in the dust. haha. Just kidding of course. But I am very very very very proud of you for doing something you love and then succeeding at it! I hope your little adventure (well maybe not so little!) is super fab in Utah. I can't wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDeleteAAAAND....I am SO with you on the old streets part of the GR museum! I've always had a soft spot for that part of the museum. I felt like I was in my own little world and wanted to live there. I haven't been to that museum since Jillian was little (never been to it since it moved actually), so now you've inspired me to go back. I didn't know they had a carousel! FUN!